Today, a gear manipulation device was built. The shooting mechanism was tested and was found to be consistent enough to calibrate later. However, it still had issues when dealing with multiple balls. In addition, the drive base was started to be drawn up via CAD. A basic idea for the rope climber was also designed.
We created a second gear manipulator that turned out to be more effective than the previous one. The rope climber was reviewed and found the be effective. Approaching finalization, the CAD drawing was worked on.
Today, the shooter prototype was modified. In addition, a hopper field element was built. Several members were also checked off on shop tools. And a ball intake was started.
We finished the ball intake today and prototyped an entrance for the gear. To do this, we took measurements of the gear to determine the best and most practical method of picking the gear up. CADing for the drivebase was completed.
The ball intake was worked on today. Also, several local mentors/guests joined our build team today and discussed design processes. More work was made on CAD.
Today, the drive base frame was finished and holes were drilled in the base. More stuff was CADed.
Today's main task was to disassemble last year's clone robot, which was completed. We decided to leave the electronics attached to the drivebase for another day. More things were CADed.
The electronics that were attached to the drivebase of the previous year's robot were removed today. Another group put bearing blocks on the new drivebase.
Today more members were checked off on shop tools. More work was made on the climbing prototype.